mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

  • From: Tristan Waddington <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:06:03 -0800

Scott,

Terrific! I'll give your suggestions a shot and see what I come up with.

I was following the configuration instructions from here pretty closely:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPLinuxSourceBuild

But they only specified the --disable-static flag for log4shib. I'll try re-building the dependencies with static libraries explicitly disabled.

Thanks for your help.

-Tristan

Scott Cantor wrote:
Also, I have a vague memory that there may be some kind of system option or
compiler setting or something that controls whether -lfoo favors libfoo.so
or libfoo.a. Usually it's supposed to favor .so I think, but maybe something
on your box is doing the opposite.