mace-opensaml-users - opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:44:13 -0500 (EST)

Hey All,

I'm trying to install Shibboleth on a FreeBSD 7.0 server of ours and running
into a problem building OpenSAML-C. I keep getting this error during the
configure stage:

configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

From the config.log file:

configure:23985: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

I am using the following ./configure line:

./configure --with-openssl=/basejail/usr/include/openssl
--with-log4shib=/opt/shibboleth-sp --with-xerces=/opt/shibboleth-sp
--with-xmlsec=/opt/shibboleth-sp --prefix=/opt/shibboleth-sp -C

I have already successfully built and installed log4shib, xerces-c 2.8,
xml-security 1.4 and xmltooling 1.1.

I configured XML-Security with the following line:

./configure --with-xerces=/opt/shibboleth-sp --without-xalan
--prefix=/opt/shibboleth-sp

This is seriously confounding me. I have no idea where to go from here. I
would be very grateful if any of you could point me in the right direction.
Thank you!

--
Tristan Waddington

EMU Marketing — Assistant Web Developer