mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

  • From: Tristan Waddington <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 17:05:08 -0800

Scott,

Thanks for your response. I have some programming experience, so I dug
around in the configure script to see if I could find anything obvious,
but frankly this is a little over my head.

You can view the config.log output here:

http://dev.emu.uoregon.edu/~tristan/config.log

Anything you can do to point me in the right direction would be
extremely helpful. Please let me know if I can provide you with any
further information or if it would be better to seek help somewhere else.

-Tristan

Scott Cantor wrote:
From the config.log file:

configure:23985: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

That's the result of the error, not the error itself. The error will be
above that in the log.

Diagnosing configure issues like that requires some knowledge of C/C++
development in order to identify why the test program generated by configure
doesn't compile or link, based on the code in the log and the error the
compiler reports.

Tristan Waddington

EMU Marketing --- Assistant Web Developer
http://emumarketing.uoregon.edu