mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] opensaml-2.1 configure: error: unable to link with XML-Security library
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 21:12:27 -0500

> You can view the config.log output here:

It's attempting to use a static library, which I don't support and couldn't
make work if you paid me. I don't know why xmltooling linked, or if it even
did, but you need to add --disable-static when building everything to ensure
there are no static versions present, or go back and delete the .a files
from each project.