mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Migrating to opensaml 2.2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Migrating to opensaml 2.2.0

  • From: "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Migrating to opensaml 2.2.0
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:18:14 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Thanks a lot, Scott.

On a different note, I see following snippet in the pseudocode:

// get the decrypter (it's hardcoded to use Inline key resolver

BasicCredential credential = new BasicCredential();

credential.setPrivateKey(@get the private key to be used for this request possibly configured based on where the request is coming from@);

Decrypter decrypter = new Decrypter(null, new StaticKeyInfoCredentialResolver(credential), new InlineEncryptedKeyResolver());

// or retrieve first encrypted assertion and decrypt it to get the assertion

List<EncryptedAssertion> encAssertions = samlResponse.getEncryptedAssertions();

EncryptedAssertion encAssertion = encAssertions.get(0);

Assertion assertion = decrypter.decrypt(encAssertion);

Configuration.getMarshallerFactory().getMarshaller(assertion).marshall(assertion);

It seems to be using a private key to decrypt the assertion.

1.    Shouldn’t a public key be used instead of a private key?

2.    Are assertions usually decrypted, even when https is used?

Thanks,

Vish.