mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Migrating to opensaml 2.2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Migrating to opensaml 2.2.0

  • From: "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Migrating to opensaml 2.2.0
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:40:47 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

> Your suggestion worked. OpenSAML seems to be able to deserialize the SAML

> response from the identifying party. Only - it is not able to find any

> subjects within the request. So my codeline "Subject subject =

((SubjectStatement)(assertion.getSubjectStatements().get(0))).getSubject();"

> is throwing exception.

If it's anything like my code, you'll have to access the

AuthenticationStatement collection.

[Pantvaidya, Vishwajit] That’s what I thought it should be. But I just went with the pseudocode given at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManualPsedocodeSP. Maybe once I am done, I should post a corrected version of the above pseudocode?

> Is there any way I can serialize the Response object from opensaml just to

> get an xml dump and verify that everything is fine?

Marshalling gives you a DOM. Serialization is up to you, and there are

helper functions somewhere in there to do it.

[Pantvaidya, Vishwajit] Thanks, I will try this out.

> 1.    We have latest versions of xerces and xalan in our web-inf\lib

> folder. Why do I have to endorse them?

Please look at the list archives, this question has been addressed hundreds

of times. If there was any way to avoid endorsing them, we wouldn't do it.

[Pantvaidya, Vishwajit] I had checked the first few posts I got from the archives, but did not see anything that would answer this. But I will check again.

> 2.    How do I ensure that I am conforming to SAML 1.1 and not 1.0? The

> opensaml classes I import right now are packaged as

org.opensaml.saml1.core.

They share a namespace and are structurally identical with differences I

doubt that I could explain unless you understand XML Schema. If the

MinorVersion is 1, it's SAML 1.1.

[Pantvaidya, Vishwajit] Thanks Scott. I do understand XMLSchema. If it is not too painful, please feel free to post the differences. Else, when I get the time, I will look up the SAML 1 v/s 1.1 differences from the spec. So for now, what I understand is that, when I use the classes from the saml1 pacjages, I am conforming to SAML1.1. Is that right?