mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML Integration with AXIOM

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML Integration with AXIOM

  • From: "Ruchith Fernando" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML Integration with AXIOM
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:57:25 -0400

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Brent Putman

> Bob Jacoby wrote:
>> Not strictly an opensaml question, but was hoping folks here could
>> provide a pointer. I'm using Axis2 to implement the artifact resolution
>> process. What have folks used to convert between the AXIOM object model
>> and DOM in order to use the various opensaml marshallers/unmarshallers?
>>
>> I've found code to move from DOM -> AXIOM, but nothing obvious for the
>> other way around. I know DOOM supposedly implements the DOM api, and
>> tried that, but it doesn't appear to support the full API because when I
>> tried to unmarshall a DOOM element I got a:
>>
>> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: TODO at
>> org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.TextImpl.getWholeText(TextImpl.java:587))
>>

> Yes, I encountered that too. Unfortunately they apparently didn't
> implement the whole DOM API in DOOM, I think they only did what was
> minimally necessary to get WS-Security stuff to work for Rampart via the
> Apache xmlsec library. :-(

This is correct!

AFAIK right now there are no plans to add complete DOM3 functionality
into DOOM.
However if you can identify the required subset of functionality for
OpenSAML integration we might able to get those implemented in
AXIOM-DOOM.

Please create a JIRA here [1] and report any AXIOM related issues.

Thanks,
Ruchith

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSCOMMONS-389