mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Unable to unmarshall message; unsupported attribute?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Unable to unmarshall message; unsupported attribute?

  • From: "Bailo, John" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Unable to unmarshall message; unsupported attribute?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:08:28 -0400

Thanks for your help. I'm basing my code on
\org\opensaml\saml1\binding\decoding\HTTPPostDecoderTest.java.

The difference is that they simulate the http request in code, where I
set up a .jsp with a FORM and SAMLRequest and target INPUT fields and I
POST to a servlet.

From the sample code, I culled what I think are the necessary steps to
get me to decode a SAML 1.1 object that is 64encoded in a FORM.
According to the documentation link you sent me, "When fetching an
unmarshaller based on an element the factory first checks to see if the
element has a schema type specified by an xsi:type attribute. If it
does, the factory attempts to lookup an unmarshaller for that schema
type", so I assume that the BasicSAMLMessageContent object unmarshalls
and attempts to use the matching schema in the same way.

I am using:

import org.opensaml.saml1.binding.decoding.HTTPPostDecoder;

My method is below. I believe it's the necessary and sufficient number
of steps to get me to being able to decode the SAMLResponse.

protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException {

SAMLMessageDecoder decoder;

try {

messageContext = new BasicSAMLMessageContext();
messageContext.setInboundMessageTransport(
new HttpServletRequestAdapter(request));

decoder = new HTTPPostDecoder(null);
decoder.decode(messageContext);
} catch (MessageDecodingException e) {
} catch (SecurityException e) {}

}

Yet, decode(messageContext) throws an exception.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this Internet email is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.