mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] marshalling, unmarshalling

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] marshalling, unmarshalling

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] marshalling, unmarshalling
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:22:22 +0200

Jay Packard wrote:
According to http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view/java-xmltooling/branches/1.0sig/src/org/opensaml/xml/io/Marshaller.java?revision=118&view=markup&pathrev=126, the marshall and unmarshall methods are not static. Don't I have to use a marshalling/unmarshalling factory?

Again, here is the documentation on unmarshalling
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUserManual

And here is the documentation on marshalling:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUsrManJavaWriteToXML

Also, the marshaller returns an org.w3c.dom.Element object. Can I simply cast this to an java.io.Serializable class (which is returned by the method in my port type stub)?

This is an incredibly basic Java question and not appropriate for this list. If you need to know if Element is serializable go look at the Javadoc for it.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities