mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] marshalling problem C++

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] marshalling problem C++

  • From: "Brian Sheely" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] marshalling problem C++
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:32:14 -0700

With regard to the xmltoolingtest, I was able to use perl from the
command line to generate the source files (e.g.,
ComplexXMLObjectTest.cpp). If Visual Studio is supposed to generate
those as part of the build process, I couldn't get it to work. The next
build problem is that I get a lot of "already defined" link errors which
I'm still trying to figure out:
EncryptionTest.obj : error LNK2005: "private: static bool
CxxTest::TestTracker::_created"
(?_created@TestTracker@CxxTest@@0_NA)
already defined in ComplexXMLObjectTest.obj

Regarding the lack of xerces symbols when I step into
request->marshall(), I'm certain that I'm running against the same
xerces that I built against. I've seen instances where the debugger
gives me a "no symbols loaded for xxx.dll" message on the call stack.
But in this case, I don't see anything to indicate that a xerces call is
ever made.

Anyway, please let me know the results of the "simple app" test when you
have a chance to run it. Thanks.

Brian Sheely