mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] SAML Sip Profile

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] SAML Sip Profile

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] SAML Sip Profile
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:18:23 -0400

> I'm going to create a SAML SIP Profile. I (still) don't know the
> complete architecture of opensaml library so I wonder how could I do :
> rewrite the code (bindind and protocol part) from scratch or do an
> extention of this library ?
>
> Have you got any hints ?

Profiles aren't extensions per se, they vary based on what they are and how
much can even be implemented in a library. Bindings are abstracted as
message encoder/decoder pairs that combine with a transport abstraction to
handle the work. They could certainly be extensions.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking. Most of OpenSAML is raw
XML processing, various bindings, metadata support, and a lot of security
code.

-- Scott

  • SAML Sip Profile, .:: Francesco la Torre ::., 05/13/2008
    • RE: [OpenSAML] SAML Sip Profile, Scott Cantor, 05/13/2008