mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] marshalling problem C++

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] marshalling problem C++

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] marshalling problem C++
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 17:23:29 -0400

> Code which seemed to work perfectly several months ago, now has a problem
> with marshalling. None of my code has changed since then and is shown
> below. The pointer returned from the marshall call isn't NULL, but it
> doesn't point to a valid DOMElement.

Not possible, obviously, so I have to assume this is a build issue.

> I recently updated to the latest
> versions of saml2 and xmltooling. Other third-party libs are the most
recent
> versions which I used previously. It may be worth noting that not calling
> set methods on AuthnRequest doesn't change the result.

That code isn't materially different than what I use all over, so it isn't
the code. What do you see if you trace it? The debugger should be able to
get into Xerces, and see that it's got a DOMElement inside the marshalling
code, so when does it become invalid?

> Strangely enough, if I run against the saml2 and xmltooling DLLs which I
> think I used previously, I crash while trying to marshall the response.
That
> code is shown below.

Well, I don't know what those are and plugging in a different set is just
never going to work, so I don't think it's worth worrying about.

I would start by rebuilding every inch of everything.