mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome

  • From: Jay Packard <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 01:55:44 +0100

Could you provide an example of how to build a ResponseType object?

Jay

Brent Putman wrote:
Note sure I understand 100% what you're asking, perhaps I'm reading too much into it. But I think you just want to know how to build XMLObjects programatically, rather than unmarshalling them from a DOM. That's easy, just use Builders, as described here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUsrManJavaCreateFromScratch

Jay Packard wrote:
I was told to reask the following to the opensaml list.

How can I create a ResponseType using the opensaml java library from the builder for a PDP. Since it is for the PDP, the response originates from it and hence it doesn't make sense to read it from the wire. Since it needs to return custom results, it doesn't make sense to build it from xacml within a file.

Thanks,
Jay