mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome

  • From: Gabriele Garzoglio <>
  • To: Jay Packard <>
  • Cc: , privilege project <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:38:48 -0500

Hi,
we have talked with Chad and Hakon today. The list of all available classes that one can build using the API are available as JavaDoc at

http://www.opensaml.org/docs/opensaml/2.1.0/apidocs/

Cheers
Gabriele

Håkon Sagehaug wrote:
Hi

Brent showed how to build a SAML Response, so if you want to build a xacml
ResonseType just change Response to ResponseType.

2008/4/24, Jay Packard :

Thanks!  I see how it works now.  I didn't realize you could use the
builder for any xacml

One builds all  elements like this, not just xacml but also the saml
elements, the xacml is just a add on to the library.

element since the examples only used it to build the higher level elements.

Jay

Brent Putman wrote:

Response response =
Configuration.getBuilderFactory().getBuilder(Response.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME).buildObject();

Jay Packard wrote:

Could you provide an example of how to build a ResponseType object?

Jay

Brent Putman wrote:

Note sure I understand 100% what you're asking, perhaps I'm reading
too much into it.  But I think you just want to know how to build XMLObjects
programatically, rather than unmarshalling them from a DOM.  That's easy,
just use Builders, as described here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/OSTwoUsrManJavaCreateFromScratch

Jay Packard wrote:

I was told to reask the following to the opensaml list.

How can I create a ResponseType using the opensaml java library
from the builder for a PDP.  Since it is for the PDP, the response
originates from it and hence it doesn't make sense to read it from the wire.
 Since it needs to return custom results, it doesn't make sense to build it
from xacml within a file.

Thanks,
Jay