mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome

  • From: "Håkon Sagehaug" <>
  • To: "Brent Putman" <>
  • Cc: , "privilege project" <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Re: [AUTHZ_INTEROP] Meeting on Thu Apr 24, 10 am Chicago, 5 pm Rome
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:14:23 +0200

Hi

I think it was Chad that renamed the xacml elements to add the type into the interface name, but it's dumb that elements almost or have the same name

cheers, Håkon

2008/4/24, Brent Putman <>:
Ok, I misread what he wanted, I thought he meant the samlp:Response element of (type samlp:ResponseType), not the same-named element and type in the XACML context schema.

However, this did make me notice that:  in your XACML provider impl code,  it appears you generally named your XMLObject interfaces with -Type, as where we generally did not.  I don't necessarily think either one is more correct or incorrect than the other, and in some ways I prefer your convention.  Just pointing out the difference for anyone who cares.

--Brent

Håkon Sagehaug wrote:
Hi

Brent showed how to build a SAML Response, so if you want to build a xacml ResonseType just change Response to ResponseType.