mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] New to OpenSAML 2 - Basic Question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] New to OpenSAML 2 - Basic Question

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] New to OpenSAML 2 - Basic Question
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:08:03 -0400

The only examples I can point you to are the profile handlers in the Shibboleth 2.0 IdP.  Such as the handler for SAML2 AttributeQuery:

http://tinyurl.com/6a6fgr

That's in the java-idp project in svn.  It is based on the java-shib-common library, which is heavily Spring based.

BTW, the OpenSAML approach is that, as a toolkit and not an implementation of an IdP, SP, etc, it doesn't implement high level functionality for profiles or protocol request/response handling.  That is seen as the job of a specific service implementation, like Shibboleth.

HTH,
Brent

Totsline, Greg wrote:

Thanks very much for the feedback; it helps a lot – good points about the crypto and DS support.  Are there a simple set of examples you can point me to?  The user manual is pretty light and I am especially interested in seeing examples for SAML query and query response processing.