mace-opensaml-users - New to OpenSAML 2 - Basic Question

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

New to OpenSAML 2 - Basic Question

  • From: "Totsline, Greg" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: New to OpenSAML 2 - Basic Question
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:44:11 -0400

Hi –

I am evaluating different approaches to implementing a stripped down SAML Authority (only need to support attribute and possibly authentication queries and their responses).  Can someone please tell me if there are particular advantages to using OpenSAML 2 versus just generating XMLBeans using the SAML core and protocol XML schemas?  Both approaches provide what appears to be a 1-for-1 set of Java wrapper classes for each element in theschemas.

I would also like to know if anyone has been successful in using OpenSAML 2 on Weblogic Server 10 or greater.

Thanks very much.

-greg