mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Re: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Re: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Re: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:55:23 +0100

Oh, no, I forgot. File a bug.

Håkon Sagehaug wrote:
2008/3/5, Chad La Joie
<>:
Yeah, it's a bug. I think I'm just going to rip out that code on the
marshallers and unmarshallers that makes the check. It's turning out to
be a pain and I know the C++ code doesn't have it.

Hi

Have you "riped out that code", I still get the same errors after I did a
svn update.

cheers, Håkon

Scott Cantor wrote:
I'm receive the xml message from a different system and just want to
unmarshall it
Well, that system is sending something it really shouldn't send.

Seems like that might be a bug in the code, though.
My or others?
It's arguably as bug in OpenSAML. It looks up the unmarshaller by type
first, and that particular code is insisting that the element not be
Issuer.
Since it claims to be a type-based unmarshaller, I'm not sure it should
do
that.

(This is Java, so I'm not fixing it or claiming it is or isn't broken,
just
musing about it.)

SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities
Chad La Joie, Software Engineer, Security
Werdstrasse 2, P.O. Box, 8021 Zürich, Switzerland
phone +41 44 268 15 75, fax +41 44 268 15 68
,
http://www.switch.ch