mace-opensaml-users - RE: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:46:56 -0500

> I'm receive the xml message from a different system and just want to
> unmarshall it

Well, that system is sending something it really shouldn't send.

> Seems like that might be a bug in the code, though.
> My or others?

It's arguably as bug in OpenSAML. It looks up the unmarshaller by type
first, and that particular code is insisting that the element not be Issuer.
Since it claims to be a type-based unmarshaller, I'm not sure it should do
that.

(This is Java, so I'm not fixing it or claiming it is or isn't broken, just
musing about it.)