mace-opensaml-users - RE: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Unmashalling a SAML2.0 Response
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:18:42 -0500

> I wanted to unmarshall a SAMLResponse like this
>
> <saml:Issuer xsi:type="saml:NameIDType"

You don't need to do that. The element is already typed. I suspect you're
tripping up the code by having it look up the code to use by xsi:type. Seems
like that might be a bug in the code, though.

> I then changed from xsi:type="saml:NameIDType" to type="saml:NameIDType"
> then no error messages showed up, does anyone have a explanation for this?

Well, yes. "type" would be illegal. A validating parser would tell you that,
but if you don't validate you're just stuffing a bogus attribute in there
and it gets ignored.