mace-opensaml-users - Re: artifact resolution over SOAP back channel

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: artifact resolution over SOAP back channel

  • From: "Denis Koelewijn" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: artifact resolution over SOAP back channel
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:37:52 +0200

Chad,

Thanks for you quick reply. Let me clarify my question.

In my case the SAML Requestor receives an artifact from the SAML Responder via the user agent (redirect). To have the artifact resolved, I need to send an ArtifactResolve message to the SAML Responder. I'd like to do this over SOAP, so I need to create a SOAP ArtifactResolve message. This message is a request in a new request-response (to the SAML Responder), not a response to an existing request.

The HTTPSoap11Encoder, though, needs an HTTPResponse object to which the artifact is written. And that's where I'm stuck. Am I using the wrong class to do the encoding ?

I'm using OpenSAML2 by the way.

Regards, Denis