mace-opensaml-users - Re: artifact resolution over SOAP back channel

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: artifact resolution over SOAP back channel

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: artifact resolution over SOAP back channel
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:23:46 -0400

Not sure what you mean.

The encoder is tied to a response because its meant to encode the
outgoing message. It's not tied to a "front-channel" vs "back-channel"
response. There is not technical difference between a front-channel or
back-channel request, at the protocol level. We just use the different
terms as a way to talk about requests made by the browser (or other user
agent) and those made directly from entity to another.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124