mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:01:59 -0400

> > Assertions, in the code, are set up to properly handle new statement
> > types already, as well.
>
> They are, but a validating parser will reject substitution.

I should add that the C++ will also reject the substitution version because
it will refuse to process a child element that isn't of the allowable
element names. I would suggest the Java do this as well, at least at some
future point once there's time to fix it, since accepting invalid SAML just
creates interoperability issues.