mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 08:26:19 -0400

The OpenSAML object providers are modeled after the schema. So, in the
case, for example, of an AuthenStatement, in the schema it extends
StatementAbstractType. In the code then AuthenStatement extends
Statement (which models StatementAbstractType).

Your XACML classes should do the same.

Note, that you don't get
<saml:Statement xsi:type="xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType">

You get:
<XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement ..... />

Assertions, in the code, are set up to properly handle new statement
types already, as well.

When you're implementing this I would strongly suggest that you look at
the SAML schema and the SAML objects in the code. See how the schema is
translated into the object, see how the object providers are
implemented, how they are configured, etc. In this case pay particular
attention to the various SAML statement types (AuthnStatement,
AttributeStatement, etc.)

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124