mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML 2.0 profile of XACML 2.0 (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement)
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:30:02 -0400

Did you register you object provider classes in the XML tooling configuration file?

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoDevManJavaConfigurationFile

wrote:
Hi all,

Within the framework of my engineering school and my internship at the
University of Amsterdam, I am working on a project about SAML2.0 and the
library opensaml2.0.

In a first step, I implemented the opensaml2.0 library successfully by using
the
Web site and documentations. And now, I try to implement the SAML 2.0 profile
of
XACML 2.0.

I would like to construct an <saml:Statement
xsi:type"xacml-saml:XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType"> and (in the future) an <saml:Statement
xsi:type"xacml-saml:XACMLPolicyStatementType"> in order to get
something like that :
<choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <element ref="saml:Statement"/>
<XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement with request and response> or
<XACMLPolicyStatement with policy and policySet>
<element ref="saml:AuthnStatement"/>
<element ref="saml:AuthzDecisionStatement"/>
<element ref="saml:AttributeStatement"/>
</choice>
First, I created a new SAML Object XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement with - the interface, - the implementation, - the builder, - the marshaller and - the unmarshaller (like on the openSAML manual
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/OSTwoDeveloperManual). I added
these java programs in my opensaml2.0 library (saml2.core for the first and
saml2.core.impl for the others).

I used an element QName to create the SAML Object. But, I have a problem and
I think it is here (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement.java) :
/** Element local name. */
public static final String DEFAULT_ELEMENT_LOCAL_NAME = "XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement";
/** Default element name. */
public static final QName DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME = new QName( SAMLConstants.SAML20_NS,DEFAULT_ELEMENT_LOCAL_NAME,SAMLConstants.SAML20_PREFIX);
/** Local name of the XSI type. */
public static final String TYPE_LOCAL_NAME =
"XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType";
/** QName of the XSI type. */
public static final QName TYPE_NAME = new QName(SAMLConstants.SAML20_NS,
TYPE_LOCAL_NAME, SAMLConstants.SAML20_PREFIX);
It's the same thing in the other files. I don't know what I have to make or modify (for example in the SAMLConstants.java file and schemas).

Then, when I integrate this new object in my Java program, I always have the
same error (java.lang.NullPointerException). I think the problem comes that
my program doesn't know the new type (XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementType).

// Get the builder factory XMLObjectBuilderFactory builderFactory = org.opensaml.xml.Configuration.getBuilderFactory();
//===> Error XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementBuilder
XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementBuilder xacmlauthz=
(XACMLAuthzDecisionStatementBuilder)builderFactory.getBuilder(XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME);
//Use XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement
XACMLAuthzDecisionStatement objectxacmlauthz = xacmlauthz.buildObject();
For information, I don't use schemas, I just try to get a SAML2.0 XML file
(profile of XACML 2.0).

I hope that you can give me some advices and I thank you in advance for your
help.

Yours faithfully,

RAYNAL Sylvain

--