mace-opensaml-users - RE: Xerces 2.8.1 and Xalan 2.7.0 with OpenSAML 1.1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Xerces 2.8.1 and Xalan 2.7.0 with OpenSAML 1.1

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Xerces 2.8.1 and Xalan 2.7.0 with OpenSAML 1.1
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:19:31 -0400

> and ran the tests again, whereupon the call to verify() in
> SignatureTest.java failed (it hadn't before I added the check).
>
> Did I add the right check? Is this what we expect?

The second test had a small change in it that was probably there to catch
this exact issue in case they ever made the library behave worse (which they
did). Just change a to a2 on the last line and it will verify the reparsed
object, like I would have assumed it was already doing.

The unit tests were never real tests in the sense you mean it (as presumably
a Java person who actually uses tests). It's all stuff I played with and
changed constantly to check for edge cases in the sandbox when libraries
changed or test performance.