mace-opensaml-users - RE: Xerces 2.8.1 and Xalan 2.7.0 with OpenSAML 1.1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Xerces 2.8.1 and Xalan 2.7.0 with OpenSAML 1.1

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Xerces 2.8.1 and Xalan 2.7.0 with OpenSAML 1.1
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:20:17 -0400

> What is very odd is that I can't see any reference to
> org.apache.xpath.compiler.FuncLoader - in this line, or anywhere else in
> SAMLConfig.java, or in the Init class of org.apache.xml.security!

xml-security is at fault here. I long since last track of when or whether
they fixed this bug, my brain dumped all of its Java neurons once I moved to
C++ only. I thought it was fixed a long time ago though.

> I also tried replacing the versions of Xerces and Xalan in the opensaml
> endorsed folder and rebuilding, as well as replacing xmlsec-20050514.jar
> in the lib folder with a newer version, but nothing seemed to work.

If replacing xmlsec doesn't work, I don't have an answer for you, but I
think you're not actually replacing it. Pretty sure we're using Xalan 2.7 in
the 2.0 tree, and it would fail the same way.

If you find that opensaml itself can't run with xmlsec 1.4.1, I'll accept
any patches, other than that the code is really frozen now.