mace-opensaml-users - Re: Saml 2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Saml 2.0

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Saml 2.0
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:00:22 -0400

We are currently working on a message encoder/decoder concept. Encoders would take SAML messages (request/responses) and give some additional data would appropriately pack them for transport. This may include things like special signing, create SOAP envelopes, base64 encoding, etc. Decoders would do the opposite.

These things won't offer any IdP/SP functionality, you still have to figure out how to answer requests and compose responses, these just help you do the message packing once you know what you're doing.

Tom Scavo wrote:
On 9/26/06, Scott Cantor

> Also I'm looking at the TP1 and TP2 versions. I didn't see
> any Profile support. Are profile supported in the final release ?

It probably depends what you think that means, and what profile you're
referring to. There is no binding or profile support in Java yet, and I'm
just starting to do message encoders for C++.

Will OpenSAML support some subset of the bindings specified in the
SAML V2.0 Bindings specification? For example, if I were implementing
a SAML SP, would there be an API for binding an AuthnRequest to an
HTTP POST response? (Just an example to lend some context to my
question.)

Thanks,
Tom

--