mace-opensaml-users - Re: Saml 2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Saml 2.0

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc: "Giuseppe Sarno" <>,
  • Subject: Re: Saml 2.0
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:28:29 -0400

On 9/26/06, Scott Cantor

> Also I'm looking at the TP1 and TP2 versions. I didn't see
> any Profile support. Are profile supported in the final release ?

It probably depends what you think that means, and what profile you're
referring to. There is no binding or profile support in Java yet, and I'm
just starting to do message encoders for C++.

Will OpenSAML support some subset of the bindings specified in the
SAML V2.0 Bindings specification? For example, if I were implementing
a SAML SP, would there be an API for binding an AuthnRequest to an
HTTP POST response? (Just an example to lend some context to my
question.)

Thanks,
Tom