mace-opensaml-users - RE: Saml 2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Saml 2.0

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Giuseppe Sarno'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Saml 2.0
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:53:54 -0400

> Does anyone know when an offcial version of Opensaml
> supporting SAML 2.0 will be released ?

Nope. When Shibboleth is done, it will be done.

> Also I'm looking at the TP1 and TP2 versions. I didn't see
> any Profile support. Are profile supported in the final release ?

It probably depends what you think that means, and what profile you're
referring to. There is no binding or profile support in Java yet, and I'm
just starting to do message encoders for C++.

If by support you mean "does web SSO", then no. That's what Shibboleth is.
This is still a library, not a SAML implementation. There will probably be a
Validator written to apply SSO profile processing rules and things like
that, but there's nothing else a profile class could do, so I doubt there
will be much of anything there.