mace-opensaml-users - Crazy problem using SAMLNameIdentifier

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Crazy problem using SAMLNameIdentifier

  • From: Felix Jungermann <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Crazy problem using SAMLNameIdentifier
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:58:40 +0200

Hi there,
I have a problem using SAML on an external server.
The following code seems to be remarkable for the error:
SAMLNameIdentifier identifier=null;
try{
System.out.println(lName);
System.out.println(lID);
identifier = new SAMLNameIdentifier(lName, lID,"#ID");
}
catch(Exception e){
e.printStackTrace();
}

samlSubject = new SAMLSubject(identifier, null, null, null);

On a local machine the code works well, but when I am trying to access that code on a foreign machine, it works until the constructor of SAMLNameIdentifier and then just 'falls asleep' without an exception.
Because I am using a Client to access that Service, the Client (using soap) breaks down because it's getting no answer.

Any ideas why the service stops at that point? The first idea was, that perhaps a timeout is produced, but that would throw an exception. On a local machine, constructing SAMLNameIdentifier needs a little bit more time than other methods, but why would that leed to a breakdown on a server? I hope you can help me!

Greets,
Felix