mace-opensaml-users - Re: builders problem

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: builders problem

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: builders problem
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:56:43 -0400 (EDT)

Thank You very much for your answers.

I get an other problem with the ParserPoolManager this time...

ParserPoolManager ppMgr = ParserPoolManager.getInstance();

The error is :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V;
nested exception is:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

After a search it seems that could come from xerces.
So I downloaded the last version of xerces (Xerces 2.8.0) and I decided to
change my Java SDK because it seems there are some problems with the SDK 1.4.
I installed the last version as well (JDK 5). I updated the libraries and the
classpath.

I still get this error, and it seems related to the opensaml library which
calls this method (maybe ParserPoolManager.java).
In tomcat, it also tells me :

at org.opensaml.xml.parse.ParserPool.<init>(ParserPool.java:83)
at org.opensaml.common.xml.ParserPoolManager.<init>(ParserPoolManager.java:73)
at
org.opensaml.common.xml.ParserPoolManager.<clinit>(ParserPoolManager.java:50)
.
.
.

We do not know what is the problem after all the changes we have made in our
configuration. Well, we are still beginners in saml, so sorry if that obvious
:)
Thank you anyway for your help.

PS : don't worry about the fact that opensaml2 is not yet official. We are
working on a university project evolving with the new technologies. It is not
(yet) actually a "real system".