mace-opensaml-users - Re: AttributeValue implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: AttributeValue implementation

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: AttributeValue implementation
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:32:14 -0400

The TP1 release is pretty far out of date now so I would recommend using the latest code from Subversion. However, you're still not going to see what you expect for attribute values. AttributeValue is defined as an XML any type so it can take any XML you want to place in there. So if you look at the latest APIs you'll notice that the Attribute object takes a list of XMLObjects as values.

Here's a wiki article I wrote trying to describe this in more detail.
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/OSTwoUsrManJavaAnyTypes

Alexandre Bairos wrote:
Hi.
I´ve been using opensaml 2.0 TP1 and noticed that AttributeValue implementation classes are not there. Am I missing something or this first release does not have all SAML 2.0 core concepts implemented? In that case, i´ll follow the developer´s guide in order to acomplish this.

regards,
Alexandre Bairos
Concrete Solutions Ltda(Brazil) @ globo.com <http://globo.com>