mace-opensaml-users - RE: AttributeValue implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: AttributeValue implementation

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Alexandre Bairos'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: AttributeValue implementation
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:10:11 -0400

> I´ve been using opensaml 2.0 TP1 and noticed that
> AttributeValue implementation classes are not there.

AttributeValue is not a meaningful interface. Its implementation would be
the same as an ElementProxy (and in C++, it's just an empty extension of
that interface).

Not having an actual implementation for it means that to build one you have
to build an ElementProxy and override the element name and/or type. That's
the only reason I did an implementation in C++, to simplify the builder.