mace-opensaml-users - RE: Encryption Software

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Encryption Software

  • From: "Girish Sundarraj" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: Encryption Software
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 14:43:50 +0530

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response. I am in the process of evaluating the openSAML
C++ libraries for SAML.

So what I understand is usage of following libraries does not mandate
exposing our source code, even if we download and build the source code
for each of them. Also we would be just dynamically linking these
libraries with our source code and have no intension to alter the source
code.

Libraries / Dependents
*******************

openSAML
openSSL
CURL
LOG4CPP
XML Security
XERCES PARSER

Apart from these I have couple of other questions:

1. Our product is supported for windows 32/ 64 x-86, SOLARIS 32/64-
SPARC and LINUX 64 X86. Do we have binaries for all above mentioned
libraries readily available? Or we need to build each of them from
source?
2. In the FAQ in the link http://www.opensaml.org/faq.html#02 Question
"what is openSAML? " has the answer "C++ libraries support requesting
only". What do they exactly mean here?
Does it just say that browser artifact is not supported? Does openSAML
C++ library support both push & pull (SOAP based artifcact) mechanism?
Actually we are intending to use openSAML C++ library to implement SAML
based SSO where we have to write code for client to fetch assertion and
write implementation logic for Service Provider.

Would appreciate if you can spend some time to answer my doubts

Thanks in Advance,

Girish Kumar. S
Lead - RPM AnalyticServer
Direct Line : +91.80.4136.7506
Main Number : +91.80.5129.8400
Mobile : +91.98455.64329
Fax : +91.80.5129.8500

Symphony Services
Embassy Heights, 9th Floor,
#13 Magrath Road,
Bangalore - 560 025.
www.symphonysv.com

This electronic transmission (and any attached documents) contains
information from Symphony Services and is for the sole use of the
individual or entity it is addressed to. If you receive this message in
error, please notify me and destroy the attached message (and all
attached documents) immediately.