mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML wiki outline

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML wiki outline

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>
  • Cc: "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML wiki outline
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:49:36 -0500

> Nah, it's not that big of a deal. Just prefix the wiki-word
> with the wiki-web:
>
> Shibboleth.ShibHandle
>
> Works in any web. Of course in the Shibboleth web, the
> prefix may be omitted.

I think that's a huge deal, you lose auto-linking entirely. That's most of
the point of Wikis. I would have to see a really good reason to lose that.

> The Shib wiki is already large enough IMHO. I may not know the right
> tricks for finding stuff, but the list of topics in the Shib wiki is
> getting annoyingly long. Adding another topic (with significant
> depth) doesn't seem right, but then I'm new to this wiki stuff so I'm
> not sure.

Who uses the list of topics for anything? I just type it in.

Once you're on the OpenSAML topic, which can be linked to from anywhere, the
rest of the web is basically immaterial anyway. I just happen to have those
auto-links on the left hand side that are top level webs, but it's not like
that can't be totally revamped.

> Of course you can. This is easy with the Rename tool. I don't see
> what the problem is, I guess.

If I have to rename every topic, that's a problem. I don't know if that's
true or not.