mace-opensaml-users - Re: OpenSAML wiki outline

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: OpenSAML wiki outline

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Re: OpenSAML wiki outline
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:45:38 -0500

On 11/16/05, Scott Cantor
> > This is great! I'm curious though, why did you choose to create a new
> > Shib topic rather than a separate web?
>
> Because inter-web linking in Wikis (or at least Twiki) is much more annoying
> than using one web, since everything is autolinked then.

Nah, it's not that big of a deal. Just prefix the wiki-word with the
wiki-web:

Shibboleth.ShibHandle

Works in any web. Of course in the Shibboleth web, the prefix may be omitted.

> The rule of thumb with Wikis is few large webs rather than many small ones.

The Shib wiki is already large enough IMHO. I may not know the right
tricks for finding stuff, but the list of topics in the Shib wiki is
getting annoyingly long. Adding another topic (with significant
depth) doesn't seem right, but then I'm new to this wiki stuff so I'm
not sure.

> Of course, if I can't move the content into a different web with relative
> ease, than that's a strike against TWiki as well, I'd say.

Of course you can. This is easy with the Rename tool. I don't see
what the problem is, I guess.

Tom