mace-opensaml-users - Re: if must use JDK1.3, suggested alternatives?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: if must use JDK1.3, suggested alternatives?

  • From: Mintoo C <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: if must use JDK1.3, suggested alternatives?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:16:58 -0400

Hi Scott,

The issue raised here is a reality for a lot of big organizations
where changing the environment is a big risk and relatively slow
placed. Not to say that those are the very organisations that need
saml the most.
However, I believe opensaml (with small changes) is very much
compatible with jdk1.3.
I too had to go down this path and I have a saml 1.1 implementation
running on jdk1.3, xerces rebuild, jaxp 1.2 (for jdk 1.3),
jsse1.0.3_03 (for jdk1.3) and I think probably had to use dom2.
There are quite a few seeming roadblocks but nothing much to stop one
from using opensaml on jdk1.3.
I had failed to document all the steps taken in getting this going
but, I could put something down on the learnings.

-Mintoo

On 4/28/05, Scott Cantor