mace-opensaml-users - RE: if must use JDK1.3, suggested alternatives?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: if must use JDK1.3, suggested alternatives?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: if must use JDK1.3, suggested alternatives?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:54:32 -0400

> our (large) company's IT management wanted to use OpenSAML,
> however, for various reasons we're stuck with JDK 1.3* for a
> good while longer. Given that, the powers that be here were
> curious if anyone had personal recommendations or experiences
> about any alternatives, even commercial ones, to handle SAML
> messaging in a Java environment.

Tom Scavo's been compiling some of this kind of thing, it might be a
starting point:

https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/shibboleth-dev/2005-04/msg00090.html

As for commercial stuff, most of the big security companies have something,
I think.

That said, I believe that JAXP 1.3 does work on JDK 1.3.

https://jaxp.dev.java.net/

With that in mind, I'm willing to do a little bit of work to see if I can
use reflection to check for and conditionally avoid the 1.4-specific methods
I'm using if it's not too much work.

If your requirement, however, is to use some old XML parser, let me know, so
I won't waste the time.