mace-opensaml-users - [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

[OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs

  • From: jerome moliere <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:34:53 +0200

Hi all,
my question is out of bounds but don't know where to ask it ..:)
In fact after evlating different SSO & users identities federating
technologies
I concluded that the best basis for a toolkit in Java was OpenSAML, but my
customers need Liberty alliance features so
I must have some clues for the delta between SAML specifications & Liberty
features in order to be
able to make a planning for coding these faetures using opensaml as a low
layer.
I'm very new into this world (not really in Java/J2EE :) ).
So any pointer/any list of technical points is welcome..:)
I'm very confused by some slides fetched on sourceid website where
liberty is shown as a layer above saml but where some saml features are not
present in the liberty protocol

any help welcome
cheers
Jerome