mace-opensaml-users - Re[4]: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re[4]: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs

  • From: jerome moliere <>
  • To: "Mark Wilcox" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re[4]: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:32:35 +0200

Hello Mark,

MW> Hi,
MW> Re-read your message, so obviously you've seen Sourceid :).

yes the major problem with source id is that this implementation isn't open
source
you are obliged to pay license cost for 100 CPU or more...
and you know that projects requiring this kind of features aren't small
projects with a old linux box..
so this limitation is a major problem for me...
I must ba able to say : is there any liberty full solution or how much time
to get it ?
MW> But the question on Shibboleth - if there was a Java version of the target
MW> would it be something you could implement?

I must have another look to thsi project but I must find a really protocol
aware solution
I must check if this solution is really conformant with liberty protocols,
because you must
interoperate with liberty products..
MW> The packages is really only if you're building from source on unix,
Windows
MW> installs are pretty simple (I did it in 2 days).
yes I guess that I can go through this step but the presentation is not
really clear:)

thanks
jerome

--