mace-opensaml-users - RE: Re[4]: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Re[4]: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'jerome moliere' <>, 'Mark Wilcox' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Re[4]: [OT]SAML & Liberty : major diffs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:34:29 -0600

> I must have another look to thsi project but I must find a
> really protocol aware solution
> I must check if this solution is really conformant with
> liberty protocols, because you must
> interoperate with liberty products..

Shibboleth is not Liberty compliant, it's a SAML-based system. SAML 2.0 is a
superset of Liberty ID-FF, and so it just doesn't make a ton of sense for us
to go backward in that direction at this point.

I can't say I know of a true open source Liberty implementation, though, so
I'm not sure how much luck you'll have doing it on the cheap.