Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project
- From: John Todd <>
- Subject: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:42:24 -0800
OK, I've requested that "directory" be the record identifier for that URL, and hopefully it will be running shortly.
I like the search criteria for an automated tool. Is there any type of search syntax that can be used from a pre-existing platform like LDAP?
Here are some obvious search tools:
email address (full)
- regular expressions/wildcards?
- limits on returned queries?
- security model?
At 7:06 PM -0500 2007/11/29, John R Covert wrote:
Let's get the directory url that's currently on the administrators' pages
into DNS; I suggest directory.<itad>.info.freenum.org.
This would be an HTML directory, organized in whatever manner the ITAD
Let's add another URL to the administrators' pages, and call it
It would be a cgi, accepting either post or get, and would be able to
search by a standard set of fields. For example, if I put the following
url into my admin page as the directorysearch URL: cgi.covert.org/itad-288
Then searches could be done as follows:
and so on. We just need to define a standard set of search keys.
The directory.<itad>.info.freenum.org page might have a window that
provides an interface to the directorysearch.<itad>.info.freenum.org
page (or any other search mechanism), but if the directorysearch URL
is provided, it would behave according to our standards.
- Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn, (continued)
- Message not available
- Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn, Dale . Worley, 11/30/2007
- Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn, John Todd, 11/30/2007
- Re: Interesting uses for isn, John R Covert, 11/29/2007
- Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn, Ben Teitelbaum, 11/29/2007
- [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn, John Todd, 11/29/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.