grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] SQL loader ran with subject problems

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] SQL loader ran with subject problems

  • From: Francesco Malvezzi <>
  • To: Sudheer Singidi <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] SQL loader ran with subject problems
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 11:46:03 +0100

On 14/11/22 20:32, Sudheer Singidi wrote:
Hello Francesco,

I believe that is just a warning message that is indicating that the
grouper couldn't find one or more subjects in subject source. Those
subjects might have been dropped from your subject source. try running USDU
to determine how many of those unresolved subjects exist in grouper and
delete them from grouper. Here's
<https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=14517820>
some helpful documentation about USDU.

I'm not sure about falling back to the previous DB version. But
unresolvable subjects are not a version specific issue. I hope this helps!

thank you for the answer.

I didn't explain well my (non-)issue. Grouper-2.5 performed for me the task to exclude non-existing users when running SQL loader (silently). Grouper-2.6 issues a warning. Maybe it's a good thing (so we fixed the issue at the origin), but the behaviour is changed,

thank you,

Francesco