grouper-users - [grouper-users] Provisioning Two LDAP attributes using gsh

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Provisioning Two LDAP attributes using gsh

  • From: "David A. Kovacic" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Provisioning Two LDAP attributes using gsh
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 13:58:52 -0400

We have a case where we are trying to provision two separate LDAP attributes using pspng from within the same group, using gsh.

We have the pspng provision_to attributes set up in our grouper-loader.properties file, call the attr1 and attr2.  We are trying to provision the same value (in this case the name of the group) to both attributes.

If we do:
g = GroupFinder.findByName(s, "test:testGroups:groupA");
g.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValueString("etc:pspng:provision_to","attr1");

and

g = GroupFinder.findByName(s, "test:testGroups:groupB");
g.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValueString("etc:pspng:provision_to","attr2");

individually for different groups, the LDAP gets provisioned as expected and the UI shows each group set up correctly.

If we do:
g = GroupFinder.findByName(s, "test:testGroups:groupC");
g.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValueString("etc:pspng:provision_to","attr1");

.
      .
      .
g = GroupFinder.findByName(s, "test:testGroups:groupC");
g.getAttributeValueDelegate().assignValueString("etc:pspng:provision_to","attr2");

Nothing complains when we run the script, however attr1 seems to get overwritten by attr2 and attr2 is the only thing that gets provisioned.

Doing this through the UI requires us to "add attribute etc:pspng:provision_to" with value attr1 and then do the "add attribute etc:pspng:provision_to" with value attr2.  When we do that, it provisions correctly to both attributes, but we really want to be able to do that via a gsh script.  What are we doing wrong in the script?

--
David A. Kovacic
Sr. Technical Lead