grouper-users - [grouper-users] Math in visualizer

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Math in visualizer

  • From: "Jason B. Rappaport" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Math in visualizer
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 13:24:47 +0000

Good morning, fresh off Grouper training in Madison WI (it was fantastic!).

Question about math in the visualizer.

I have a composite group that indicates a total of 71 members.

My reference groups are:

  • 72 members in the allow group
  • 2 members in the deny group

So if I do the math

72-2=70 should be the number of people I have within the composite group, but the visualizer says 71…as does the export in Excel.

Why is it that when one manually does the math, to calculate members within the composite group they come up with a different number than one that composite group indicates?

Note: I have been up since 4:30am EST, so if it is blatantly obvious…be kind.

Thanks, Jay

Jason Rappaport

Identity and Access Management Analyst

Office of Information Technology