grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] PSPNG - Active Directory - Two Domains

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] PSPNG - Active Directory - Two Domains

  • From: Jeffrey Williams <>
  • To: Ryan Rumbaugh <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] PSPNG - Active Directory - Two Domains
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 09:02:17 -0400

Hi Ryan,

I'll bite.  UNCG runs its container outside of the two domains that it provisions to.  We keep a 1:1 relationship of user objects(and a key attribute) between the two, so we can get away with having one subject.properties entry for both.

...and use the key attribute to assign membership to group objects.

Few questions:
  1. Which domain(parent or child) are you provisioning into where the issue is occurring?
  2. Do you have a separate source for each domain?
  3. Are the members of the child domain also a member of the parent, or are they exclusive to each other?