grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] RE: Patching and ant dist

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] RE: Patching and ant dist

  • From: "Sawyer, Mona Zarei" <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, "Petursson, Sigurdur" <>, "Wessel, Keith" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] RE: Patching and ant dist
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 18:32:00 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Any time we have a new source for the loader or need to provision into a
different AD we need to update the properties files and for them to get into
effect we need to rebuild.

Mona.

Mona Z Sawyer M.Sc.
Programmer Intermediate
Middleware and Identity Services
Information Technology
1320 S. Dixie Hwy
Suite 1000.49
Coral Gables, Fl 33146
305-284-2214

"At the U, we transform lives through teaching, research and service."

On Behalf Of Hyzer, Chris
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 2:25 PM
To: Petursson, Sigurdur
<>;
Wessel, Keith
<>;

Just curious, why do you need to rebuild? The patches have the latest code
in there. If you are editing files and want to incorporate them then need to
rebuild, but for hooks or plugins you can just make your own jar and not
bother with rebuilding grouper.

With the one command to apply all patches we have tried to make it not very
cumbersome.

If you don’t apply patches on top of a build then things could get messy if
you are editing or downloading files on top of patches. The patches make
sure that the underlying files are not edited when they are applied.

Thanks

On Behalf Of Petursson, Sigurdur