grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Newbie help (LDAP)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Newbie help (LDAP)

  • From: Paul Huckins <>
  • To: "Hyzer, Chris" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Newbie help (LDAP)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:43:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

All of them ?

Actually I have a more pressing problem at the moment.

I stopped Grouper (killed it at the command line) and it will not re-start
because the java data base " hsqldb" is not starting prior.

I found a script from grouper 1(dot)somthing that started the DB but started
the wrong version of it.

(here is what I did)
java -cp lib/jdbcSamples/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -port 9001 -database.0
file:hsql/grouperHSQL -dbname.0 grouper &

Once I have my DB running and can start grouper again I need to configure an
LDAP connector so that grouper can reference my LDAP directory.

Maybe I am being to "old school" about this. Most applications have some kind
of config file that details the access to other things (like LDAP, AD or a
data base).

It almost looks like (in grouper) that when you create a group you define the
data source (LDAP info).

I have gotten so far as to find

GROUPER_HOME/conf/grouper-loader.base.properties
GROUPER_HOME/conf/grouper-loader.properties

I edited the base file (which I know is backwards of what I am supposed to
do)
But since I cannot re-start grouper due to the hsqldb issues I cannot tell if
I am making progress with LDAP or not.

THANK YOU
For your reply