grouper-users - [grouper-users] pspng and existing POSIX groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] pspng and existing POSIX groups

  • From: Jeffrey Crawford <>
  • To: Gouper Users List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] pspng and existing POSIX groups
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 13:47:04 -0700

Hello,

I've been looking at the documentation for the the PSPNG part of Grouper 2.3.0. Our current system uses the IDIndex as the basis of gidNumber. Does this work with the new system when using new(java.util.Random).nextInt()? If we wanted to continue using that IDIndex is there a way to call it when defining the template?

Secondly it's not clear to me where utils.bushyDn(group.name, "cn", "ou") belongs. We have POSIX groups that are flat but our groupsOfNames are busy. Can both be supported from the same provisioner instance?

Thanks
Jeffrey

Both pilots and IT professionals require training and currency before charging into clouds!